CALISIA VULCAN helmet for firefighters type CV 102
The Calisia Vulcan helmet for firefighters has been designed with the growing demands and needs
of firefighters in mind. The new solutions are aimed most of all to improve its performance characteristics
and, for example, to reduce the load on the firefighter’s hands during rescue operations.
The helmet is made using the latest technologies and the best materials. This makes it light and
gives it excellent protective, performance, and structural characteristics. The helmet guarantees
the highest level of safety even in the hardest conditions.
Calisia Vulcan type CV 102 is a type B helmet which ensures full protection of the firefighter’s ears
and forehead. The helmet meets the requirements of the EN 443:2008 standard, as confirmed
by the EC type certificate No. EC/S/2187/2014 issued by the CIOP-PIB (Central Institute for Labor Protection
— National Research Institute, notified body No. 1437), and the approval certificate issued by
the CNBOP-PIB (Research and Development Center for Fire Protection — National Research Institute,
notified body No. 1438). It has also received a certificate of compliance with Directive 96/98/EC
(MED), marine firefighter’s equipment certificate No. CW/MED/252/2014 issued by the Polski Rejestr
Statków S.A., notified body No. 1463.
• MO – with glasses and a metalized visor
• TO – with glasses and a transparent visor
• T – with a transparent visor
HEAD TO FEET FIREMEN SAFETY
Safety in extreme conditions
• Resistance of the shell to impact, puncture, and lateral compression
• Full protection in low (-30 °C) and high temperatures, resistance to flame and heat streams
(tested at the temperature of 1000 °C)
• Resistance to melted iron
• The eye and face shields (glasses and visor) meet the requirements set out in the EN
14458:2004, EN 171:2002, and EN 166:2001 standards, are resistant to high temperatures,
flames, chemicals, and ensure protection against infrared radiation.
• Reflective elements ensure good visibility of the firefighter.
• The visor can be lowered over a breathing mask, is
suitable for persons wearing corrective glasses, and
can be quickly and easily replaced.
• The quick and optimized fit and the stable position of
the helmet on the user’s head are achieved due to:
– the wide range of circumference adjustment
– the large knob that can be turned even in gloves;
– the possibility to adjust the head circumference
without the need to take the helmet off, which is
important when the user puts on a breathing mask;
– convenient adjustment of the position angle and
the wearing height.
• The neck protectors are resistant to thermal radiation and flames and are made of fire-resistant
materials; four models are available:
– a neck protector made of non-combustible fabric (a short version and a long version
that protects the nape and the larynx)
– a neck protector made of leather
– a neck protector made of metalized fabric
• Finishing elements which improve comfort: a set of Nomex® cushions and liners, soft and
comfortable interior inside the helmet that prevents abrasions and which is made of textile
or natural leather, and a comfortable silicone chin pad.
• A broad range of accessories which are suitable for use with breathing masks and torches,
and which allow wireless communication systems.
• Suitable for use with torches due to a universal set of torch mounts.
• Full range of adjusting the position angle of the torch even with the breathing mask on (upper
mount), and full range of installing torches on both sides of the shell and in the lower and
upper part of the shell.
• High degree of customization with rank and unit insignias.
• Shell available in any color, including photoluminescent and chrome-coated
The ISKRA LED torch is designed to be used in fire protectioning areas in danger of gas, vapour, mist (G) and dust (D) explosions. The torch cover is non-flammable, lightweight, and is made of flame-retardant and antistatic thermoplastic. It runs on 4 AA alkaline batteries by Energizer, Duracell
or Panasonic. It is designed to be fitted to KZPT firefighter helmets.
The torch complies with the requirements of Directive 94/9/EC and the following harmonized standards: EN 60079-0:2009, EN 60079-11:2012, EN 60079-7:2007, EN 60079- 31:2009.
Designation: II 2G Ex e ib IIB T4 Gb
II 2D Ex tb IIIC TMax 95oC Db, IP 67
Certificate No. IEP 14 ATEX 0192
The torch complies with the requirements of EN 443:2008 p. 4.11 in terms of flame resistance.
Certification – IEP 14 ATEX 0192
Compliance with Directive – 94/9/EC
Compliance with standard – EN 60079:2009
Flame resistance – compliant with standard EN 443:2008 (p.4.1)
Power – 4 AA alkaline batteries
Light source – LED light module CREE LED
Brightness – 120 lm
Runtime (on 1 set of batteries) – min. 72 h
Degree of protection – IP 67
Lighting distance: – approx. 100 m
Weight – 128g (without batteries)